With the beginning of new courses of construction activities of Tehran’s Metro network in Mid 80’s, as it was a new industry in Iran, Tehran Urban and Suburban Railway Co. (Metro) began to attract experts in various field related to different disciplines of the industry and finally established Technical Bureau.
In fact, Technical Bureau of Tehran Metro -with compiling connection with related institutions, and international organizations, while acquiring experiments, gathered records, documents and required standards- began to designing, preparing tender documents, conducting tenders, contract negotiations and signing contract and supervising on execution activities in Line #5 (express Line of Tehran- Karaj- Golshahr), urban Line #1 and urban Line #2 and putting them into commercial operation.
Two decades’ experiences of Tehran Metro Technical Bureau and according to its comprehensive knowledge gained from the organization conducting similar project in big cities of other countries, the necessity of stablishing a consultant engineers company which contains an independent special situation from a legal viewpoint, covering the various fields of technical and specialized tasks related to metro industry was unquestionable. The reception of this matter along with the comprehensive policy of Islamic Republic of Iran, In order to reduce the state vast involvement and promote the privatization, led to foundation of the grindstone of Tehran Behro Rail Transportation Consulting Engineers Company (TBCE). This company on the basis of necessary legal requirements was registered on Feb. 2006 and continued to provide engineering services to Line #1, Line #2 and Line #5. In the following these services expanded for the rest lines, Line #3, Line #4, Line #5, Line #6 & Line #7.
Nowadays activities of Behro continue not only in Tehran, but also in other cities of Iran such as Shiraz and Urmia, in the field of metro, as well as any other types of railway transportation, traffic & civil.
Scope of services & Activities
Services of Behro covers comprehensively all steps of execution of projects covering and including: feasibility studies, preliminary/basic design, detailed design, composing technical specifications, preparing tender documents, conducting tenders, contract negotiations, preparing contract’s documents, supervising on execution tests, commissioning as well as operating, pursuance to eliminating defects and completing remaining works within guarantee period and conducting training courses, operating repair & maintenance, so it accomplishes all engineering’s services required for rail transportation projects.
Comprehensive services which mentioned above in various specialized fields and discipline consist of: traffic studies, roads & railway, civil & structures, building utilities and in the field of special E&M equipment covers: power supply, control, communication, signaling, automatic fare collection and special utilities such as: ventilation & air conditioning, fire alarm & firefighting systems, and design of workshops, terminals and auxiliary vehicles, & rolling stock in whole related fields such as: doing basic studies, updating previous studies, control of technical & financed documents, checking & approval of commercial & technical proposals submitted by wagon makers, supervision on whole procedures of rolling stock supplying.
- The Client Consultant for Line #1 & Line #2 of Tehran Metro, for the fields of E&M systems.
- The Client Consultant for workshop (Line #1 & Line #2) including civil and E&M systems
- The Client Consultant for remainder work of Line #1
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro Line #1, North extension, for E&M systems
- Project manager for equipment in North & South extension of Line #1.
- The Client Consultant for remainder work of Line #2.
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro Line #2, East extension, including Civil& E&M systems.
- Project Manager for Civil & Equipment in east extension of Line #2.
- The Client Consultant of Tehran Metro Line #3 project, for E&M systems.
- Project Manager for Equipment in Line #3.
- The Client Consultant, Design and Supervision on execution for I3 station.
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro Line #4 project, for E&M systems.
- Design & Supervision on execution of F4, G4, M4 and R4 and as well as for Ekbatan and Afsarieh workshop/parking in line #4.
- Project manager for equipment for line #4.
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro line #5, main line and workshop, including Civil and E&M systems.
- Design and Supervision for suburban line #5, Ekbatan (Eram Sabz) station construction.
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro line #6 project, including Civil & E&M systems.
- The Client Consultant for Tehran Metro line #7 project, including Civil & E&M systems.
- The Consultant for Interface Management of Karaj Urban Railway Organization Line #2.
- Rolling stock (New Tender) for Line # 1, Line #2, & Line #5.
- Project Manager for Civil & Equipment for Fathabad Terminal and Workshop.
- The Project Manager of Comprehensive Traffic Study for Urmia.
- The Client Consultant of Shiraz Urban Railway Organization (SURO) in supplying rolling stock for 6 lines.
- The Consultant of the Manager Contractor in “Tender for Supply of 630 units of metro cars for Tehran Metro Lines” project.
- The Client Supervisor for supplying of four trains for Shiraz Metro Line #1.
- Designer for software simulations of metro trains, in the field of gauge, operation, ventilation, propulsion system, etc.