UPDATE: Please note that this conference has been cancelled as per the request of Iran's Health Ministry.
The 18th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering (ictte.ir) with emphasis on "Public Transportation" will take place in Tehran on 25th and 26th of February 2020 aiming to create an agenda to reduce private car domination on urban spaces and changing cities to suitable places for human life.
The most important objectives of this conference are:
- Using expertise of both Iranian and international Transportation experts.
- Sharing ideas of transportation experts with university and research institutes.
- Sharing and presenting new ideas regarding traffic knowledge management.
- Providing the opportunity for researchers to present their innovations and opinions and directing them with the help of the experts’ experiences.
- Providing opportunities for updating and increasing transportation experts' knowledge.
As a side event of this conference, UITP Iran office with the help of UITP head quarter is planning to organize a study tour of Tehran Public Transport System for top managers of UITP member companies with the following agenda:
- The tour will be on 23rd and 24th of February 2020. It includes:
- Visit of construction site of Southern part of Tehran Metro Line 6 (TBM Machine).
- Visit of Control Center of Tehran Metro operational lines (7 Lines).
- Visit of one of Tehran Metro operational lines.
- Visit of Tehran BRT system (10 operational lines).
- Visit of Tehran Traffic Control Center and Tehran Taxi Call Center and a short meeting with managing directors of a few private taxi companies.
- Visit of Control Center of Tehran Urban Tunnels.
- On 25th of February 2020 (first day of the conference), we will organize a workshop for our study tour members to share their findings of Tehran PT system and explain few best cases of such systems in their region.
- There will be no conference registration fee for the study tour members.
It is worth mentioning that UITP Secretary General Mr. Mohamed Mezghani will be the keynote speaker of the conference.
Herewith, we would like to invite you to participate to this tour and share your knowledge with other members of the tour as well as with the participants of the workshop.
For more information on the conference and application, please email email@example.com.